Monday, June 28, 2010

Let The Journey Begin

Today marks my first entry in my blog. I haven't a clue where it will lead me, but like riding my bicycle, the journey will no doubt be interesting...at least for me. I'm doing this largely for myself, the committee in my head that always speaks to me during those zen moments astride the bike, and hopefully as a means to help my family see how I perceive the world as a cyclist.

The passion I have for cycling is little understood by my family, but they know it has changed my life in so many ways. Cycling has literally helped me beat two serious near death experiences in the last 782 days. One was a pulmonary embolism and the other was a blood clot induced heart attack just last August 17, 2009. Had it not been for my fitness level, I might not have survived either of those life changing events.

I chose the blog title "Geared Up Cyclist" simply to reflect how I approach cycling and life in general. Throughout my life I have typically approached new challenges following the ol' Boy Scout mantra, "Be Prepared". Therefore, I have always found it fundamentally important to get geared up mentally, physically, and spiritually to get the most out of life experiences. It's all in the preparation!
Let's see what happens! Life across the top tube is an adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment