Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Much Needed Head Cleansing Today


It's been a very busy week and there hasn't been much in the way of relief until today! Before my solo 35 mile ride from Butte to the north end of Elk Park this morning, the head was full of a cacophony of concerns for my mental well being! Thanks to some, "Let's Make It Hurt" riding, the committee in my head pronounced me cleansed of all those self-deprecating, dissonant thoughts. I've just not been a happy camper with my lack of riding since I came to Montana some 61 days ago. I had ridden almost every day back in Vegas from January through the end of May, but since I've been in Montana I've had little time away from family and work obligations to take care of me. I have had just four extended rides, but that's about to change. I needed today's ride to prove to myself that I haven't lost much conditioning as a result of my inactivity on the bike. I did okay! The heart did not explode! With two very bad knees (which give me constant unrelenting pain), I have to ride to stay fit. I couldn't run out of a burning building, but I sure could ride my bike down the stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment