Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ten Days and 2,288 miles Later


 I don't think there will ever be enough words to describe the sensory overload I've experienced from our journey through California recently. It's seriously the first real vacation the Mrs and I have had since we retired from our professional lives in 2004. And, it was a journey taken without ever riding a bike. Even so, I constantly found myself thinking about cycling the entire time. What I wouldn't have given to ride some of the roads we drove. I logged every road mile driven, every curve taken, every sinuous climb and descent on my GPS in hope of retracing my exact steps for some future cycling adventure. There are dozens of possible cycling journeys to attempt and it would easily take another lifetime to ride them all. It just makes it abundantly clear to me that there are endless cycling adventures out there as there are streets, roads, and trails where bicycles are permitted. Such a wonderful thought to grasp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment