Saturday, November 20, 2010

Scarecrow in the Desert

Someone has a sense of humor. On a recent desert ride along the Landmine and Mustang Trail Loops west of Blue Diamond, NV I encountered this happy fellow sun worshiper.

In the previous hour and a half I hadn't seen another mountain biker along the trail, so stumbling on him was a welcome sight. Although, he wasn't much of a conversationalist. And, at the junction of three trails without a sign identifying any of the routes, he wasn't about to tell me which one to take back to my car. Good thing I had a map of the terrain 'cause he just stood there catching rays with that silly smile on his face.























It was a stellar day on the trail and in this remote area, hidden from observation, I managed to avoid getting abducted by aliens in their mother ship. It was quite, peaceful, and starkly beautiful. Oh, and did I mention I was glad not to have fallen and become a scarecrow in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment