Friday, March 18, 2011

Back on The Bike Following The Cancellation of The Board Meeting






Top (just left of center) is my SS laying where I landed.
Took my first bike excursion yesterday on the single speed out to Red Rock Canyon since planting myself on the pavement last week. I had planned to ride the crashed S-Works, but noticed that the titanium rails on my SP gel Toupe saddle were bent from the impact.

The committee in my head had called a board meeting across the top tube to discuss closure on the event. The photo above is at the entrance to Calico Basin, the location where I left over 75 square inches of my DNA across two lanes of a busy road through the park. I'm still trying to come to grips with the realization that I could have been run over as I went down. Anyway, I managed to ride through the site yesterday without crashing, but not without chills running down my spine. The passage of the site ended the board meeting abruptly, and I'm moving down the road toward another horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment