Thursday, February 3, 2011

All Was Well...Until The Weather Went South....or Was It East?

I was on a roll before the latest foul weather moved into the Las Vegas Valley. My last ride was five days ago when temps here were nearly 60 degrees. I rode without any base layers just like it was a Spring or early Summer's day. Since Jan 30th we have had five consecutive days of outrageous winds and very cold temps for the Mojave desert.

Along my Red Rock Canyon Training Route

Below is the Garmin log summary for the last 14 rides I managed to get in before the weather got ugly. Now that that storm system has moved east and dumped its ice and snow on the eastern US, our local forecast is looking up once again. The next  five days are supposed to be in the upper 50s and low 60s with plenty of sunshine. Maybe I can continue working on my tan lines again.

14 Training Rides
445.11 miles ridden
23,844 feet of climbing
29hr32min38sec across the top tube

Ride to Live................Live to Ride


No comments:

Post a Comment