Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Zen Cyclist Has Gone Vegan

It isn't for everyone, but at the suggestion of my nutritionist I have tested the Vegan lifestyle for the last 78 days. Let me just say, if you want to drop some weight in a gradual fashion and at the same time significantly improve your blood chemistry, have more energy, and feel stronger and more alert, then adopt a vegan diet.

In the 11 weeks on a strict "true" vegan regime, coupled with cycling, I have dropped 15lbs effortlessly. And, my recent blood labs that my doctor went over with me today showed terrifically improved metabolic and lipid panel profiles. My total cholesterol dropped 29%, my HDL (the good cholesterol) increased by 11%, and my LDL (the bad cholesterol) was cut by 50%. The lifestyle change is working.

I feel great. I was a voracious carnivore before. But now, I'm a convert and am committed to this lifestyle change. I have one goal and one goal only that drives me to succeed, to stay on this earth long enough that my grandchildren will forever remember who I was and how much I loved them. Man, how I love it when a plan comes together. There are never any guarantees in life. Anything can happen and it usually does. But, all I can do is my best day-after-day to achieve my goals. 

I want to ride my bike more, drop more weight, and love my family like there is no tomorrow.

The committee in my head is still in full celebratory mode, but I just made a request that they tone it down a bit so I can get on with my day. 

Ride to Live...Live to Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment