Friday, September 24, 2010

Change is in the Wind

I've often heard from the committee in my head that change is a good thing.  Life certainly has never been static in my case. I'm planning on doing some pretty exciting things in 2011, and I have committed myself to a major self-improvement program. At age 62 it has come to my attention ( again by that brutally honest committee in my head) that in order to accomplish the goals I have set for myself next year at age 63 that it will require an extensive overhaul of my personal drive train and bottom bracket. Being the master mechanic of my life, I take full responsibility for the current shape of my frame set and vow to do something about transforming myself. I've had this same conversation with the committee for over 20 years now, but there never has been an action plan until now. What is the force driving this new venture---the pure and simple fact that I want my grandchildren to have a clear understanding of who their Grannan was. In order to ensure this, I have to be around long enough for them to form lasting memories that will transcend time. For once in my life I'd love to sport a race fit mentality than the tried and true club fit. Too much of a metaphor? Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment